
This year has been one of GREAT THANKS in my heart. I have found myself being so thankful for simply being free! Free to worship my God with out persecution, free to walk the streets at any time of day or night, in all things being free.
Lately I have came across some films, one called, "THE HIDING PLACE" a story about a family named the Tenbooms, the other film "ANN FRANK" this particular film on Ann Frank was one not only about her diary but included a few years before their captivity and went through until her fathers return home.
There is so much I could say about these films and how they have greatly impacted my life right now. The biggest thing that I want to share is the fact that in both of these films it really stood out to me that these families were just like me! They had stable homes, good jobs, they were FREE! These people were simply surviving in the world, taking care of the day to day and for no good reason that I can see...they were made into slaves, thrown out of their homes and sent to concentration camps in obscene surroundings. It became aware to me that this very thing could happen to me at any time....any one of us....or many of us...
I pray my Lord I never have to face that fate...it hurts my heart to think of all those who have and are suffering this fate now simply for their worship to Jesus Christ. I pray if I do...I may be counted as faithful as those Tenboom's who kept their faith, found the good in the most HORRIBLE circumstances.
I leave you with this challenge...if you find yourself unable to be Thankful this year because our economy is lacking right now...or any other circumstances surrounding you right now.....checkout anything on the Holocaust....
It will cause you to reflect on simply being free...and that will make you Thankful... I pray..
http://history1900s.about.com/cs/rescuers/
No comments:
Post a Comment