Sunday, April 29, 2012

6 Months 2 Weeks As Mommy & Daddy

So much has gone on since my last post I don't even know where to start... our house has been re-arranged and some re-modeling gone on and the two things that keep coming to mind when I see the piles of what looks like clutter in our garage... almost to the ceiling now... is that's what I feel like inside most days... so many different things/emotions thoughts feelings raging like a storm with brief moments of calmness but much fun mixed in with love, laughs and some tears. The other thought is that as we continue to adjust to our new normal and see everything in and around our lives changing from our home to our church home, my job, daily routines, thoughts, actions & conversations are all new even some relationships, some more distant that were once close and others new that we didn't have before... God is radically stripping us of everything we were secure and comfortable in and truly giving us a NEW life as we walk through our 20th yr of marriage... it is just as if we have started a new life and it's very different from the past 20 years in a good way.
As we try to get a glimpse of what the future looks like we are brought back to the present and God says let's just take one day at a time, enjoy the journey and rest in Me.
Then I remember God called us to our new INCREDIBLE life and He never said we had to speed through it... He gave us our life in Christ and that we might have it more abundantly, we are on this path because of Christ in us so we just need to take it easy, breathe deep, exhale and put our eyes on the One who brought us here...

This climate season has brought new behaviours and sleep patterns for the girls so I begin the study process again. The first 3-4 months they were here I found that I spent every minute studying and evaluating their behaviors trying to figure out what the do what they like what was normal for them and what meant they were tired or getting sick, how they react and responded to temperatures in and out doors. As the weather takes on change so do the girls and so the study process begins again and more change comes... I want to know them so well because I want to know what is normal behavior for children their age and I want to know what are effects from their life before we knew them...

As Jayda follows me around EVERYWHERE I go God brings this verse to my heart and mind a lot of days when I turn around and there she is at my feet working on her jacket zipper or toys:

Joh_14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
And... only now as I look up what this whole verse says I remember, this is a verse God spoke to me in Peru the same day the call to Adoption became clear.
Some days I get so frustrated with her under my feet and right behind me every time I turn around even helps me go potty. She gets my T P paper for me and loves to flush the stool... and I have to laugh because it's so cute... now realizing this is the Word God has been reminding me of... I am humbled once again how God speaks to me when I actually take time to be still and meditate on what He is trying to say to me...
Thank You Lord for this moment in time You remind me that where You are I am also and that is how you want me to be at YOUR feet EVERY minute of EVERY day... it's totally worth missing some sleep and taking a LATE shower! I know I will rest when I lay down tonight... I love You Lord, thank You for our children.

No comments: