Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Dust Is Settling

So my last post was rather raw & drab... it's been quite the roller coaster as we continue adjusting... I can see that the whole transition is taking much much longer than we had anticipated as we are quickly approaching the 1 yr anniversary of the move in date! 
As that time is coming about and the season begins to change to fall I find myself recalling the struggles and prayers I made to God in directing us to our little blessings... I recall the limitless faith I claimed in that the Lord could and would move mountains to bring us together if that was His will and purpose for all of our lives, and indeed He moved many mountains. 
I am ready to claim that faith again to direct us just how to parent, guide & train the children we have been given... my life looks so very different than 10 short months ago & I seriously need God's help, grace, mercy & direction!

As I recount these past 10 months & look at our girls, they have already grown so much & I already have regrets and miss them being younger... couldn't we just stop time and stay right here... well at least prior to the potty training... : ) that's a story in itself!!!
First Time on the Potty!

 Jordin is now off to Kindergarten & that has a whole new and different' set of issues...
Color week at school  ~Red Day~
saying that I come to the realization that the only things that will always stay the same will be that we ARE together FOREVER... everything else is subject to change on a daily basis and if I make plans, I should not be disappointed when they fall apart or don't come together just as I had imagined... this is life and we're settling in and getting used to the ever changing world of being Mommy & Daddy!
I realize we're trying to fit 20 yrs of barrenness into the whole first year of our lives together and even though the fear that something could happen to either or both of them at any time we don't have to do 20 yrs of events in 12 months... we have a lifetime to create, enjoy & make so many memories! 
Here are just a few we made on vacation!
Girls play on the beech on our First Vacation!
Jayda discovered her love & passion for the kitty cat
Met Uncle Tony for the 1st time on our Vacation- He made them special pancakes! (he cried when he met them : ) )

  

Jordin caught her first fish! So happy!
Having so much fun in the lake! She's a natural swimmer!
Father Daughter night fishing on Papa's boat- Jordin caught the biggest fish... uncle Michael here helping her! BIG Smile to go with her big fish!
  
First Family Vacation!

2 comments:

Ashley Shell said...

Your daughters are beautiful! I have been reading some of your posts. You are definitely blessed with two beautiful little darlings! And they are so blessed to have two wonderful parents to raise them to know God :-)

Carolyn said...

Thank you very much Ashley! I do lose sight of them knowing God is the most important thing sometimes, esp when life just gets so crazy... : ) Bless you for sharing your words of encouragement with us.