Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hold on to your Spoon!




Well, so much has been happening in my life recently... My last entry was about the Grace of God and how He has promised me spiritual fruit.
I have just recently returned to work after recovering from a complete abdominal Hysterectomy at the age of 34. It was some what of a difficult decision for me to make to follow through with this procedure. I have been asking for one about 10 years now. After my first miscarriage at 6 weeks I wanted it that day...I never wanted to experience that again...that was in 2002. In 2004 the Lord granted us the courage to get pregnant for a second time. That also ended at 12 weeks. Some how the second one was so different...it was very painful emotionally but I still wanted to have a child....but the more time went by the more I wanted spiritual fruit.
Over the last 4 years...WOW... I can't believe it has been 4 years...in August actually...
Anyway in the last 4 years The Lord has helped me understand and accept that I will not bear children of my own. He has in His way turned my focus to His will not mine..I often think of Jesus in the garden before He was taken to be crucified. Jesus prayed to God the Father and asked if there be any other way...BUT...not my will but thine be done...
I AM SO CONTENT!!!!!
I had asked my doctor what would be best for me. I said I want to be as healthy as I can for as long as I can. That was when she said it was time to take it all out...!!!!
I was so amazed at my emotion to that response...I knew it was what I had wanted for YEARS....and I knew it was best for my overall health....why was I sad...
I spoke with several women that had children and had the same reaction...so I guess that's normal...
OK I said all of that to say this.....
On Sunday the preacher was talking about dinner at Grandma's house...and how she always said "HOLD ON TO YOUR SPOON" because desert was coming...the best part of the meal.....
The Lord is telling me to "HOLD ON TO MY SPOON" because the best of my life is yet to come.....
PRAISE THE LORD...HE IS FAITHFUL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having fun reading of your blog.


berto xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.