Thursday, July 24, 2008

What Makes My Heart Melt






This saturday Bill and I had the opprotunity to go from no children to two teenage boys for the weekend... !!! Chris and Phillip Alred got to our house about 1230 on saturday and we got them settled into their room and took them off to lunch...we took them to Monglian BBQ!!! We met Amy there too...The boys thought it was cool...
It mad me so happy to share something with them they had never done before...
They want to go there again when they get home from camp...
It was saturday night and Phil started calling me Mom...I know I can never replace his MOM and I don't want to...but it was so sweet!!!! It just made my heart melt...He said I am his mom for this week....and so all day sunday and monday til they left for camp he called me mom...!!!!
Now it is wednesday and I find myself missing them so so so much...I keep watching the clock trying to imagine what they might be doing right now at camp and missing Phillip saying, MOM....MOM....
every time I go to the store I see oatmeal cream pies and that makes me think of Phillip then I see chocolate donuts and fruit snacks and think of Chris...
These boys are so awesome..they just talk talk talk talk talk...I love it...
I don't know what I am going to do when they go back to Mexico!!!! Right now I get to look forward to seeing them again on saturday....
And I can't leave out my girls.... Val and Robin they are my kids that I have here all the time and Jerin anf Micah...they are my fulltim pretend kids...I just love it when they call me Mom....I just melt every time...except when Robin and Jerin are pretend fighting for too long...!!! LOL...

I said all that to say this:
Yesterday as I sat at the Lake looking through my Bible and my old notes sitting in the quiet...I wanted so much to know everything that was happening at camp...this was the first time in 6 years that I have not been able to go to camp and my heart achs to be there....I was thinking of how much I miss Phillip running around here saying MOM...MOM....and God said to me how much He misses me when He doesen't hear from me and I don't spend time with Him every day...He achs for me...He wants me to call Him Father...it will make his heart melt...just to hear me call Him Father....
I can't imagine how much these Boys' parents must be missing them...I thank God my Father to have had them long enough to experience what it may be like to have children and to miss them so much....
I love my Kids!

1 comment:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia Europe
thank you