Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Perspective for 2010

As life takes me down new paths this year it has been brought to my attention that it is not always easy to accept gifts. That revelation brought me to the following inspiration!

What can we say about the 'Receiving' side of Christmas?

We spend a lot of our time focused on the 'Giving' side of Christmas. Especially in the Christian circle we focus on the 'Giving' because the Bible teaches that it is better to give than to 'Receive'

The Bible also teaches us to 'Receive' the GIFT of Eternal Life.
What if we were to take this year to uncover what it means to 'Receive' a gift?!

When receiving gifts what feelings, thoughts and emotions do you have?
Perhaps feelings of happiness and joy that someone would think of you.
Possibly, guilty feelings maybe, because you are not able return a gift or maybe you do realize the cost.
Some instances it is simply an act of humility to 'Receive' a gift.
How many times has our pride prevented us from 'Receiving' gifts?

How does it make the giver feel when their gift is rejected?

Moving along...
Do I realize what had to happen in the givers world so that I could 'Receive' this gift?
Do I realize that the giver thought of ME?
Do I realize what the giver lost so that I could 'Receive' this gift?
Do I realize that they want to 'Give' me a gift because the giver loves me? Maybe I am special to the giver...
Do all of these revelations cause me to appreciate the gift so much more when I understand what the giver 'Paid' for that gift?
Perhaps my gift cost the giver some finances. Maybe my gift cost the giver time, energy and emotion.

When I 'Receive' the gift and I see it, what do I see?
Do I see the cost and relate that to the love of the giver toward me?
Do I see that the gift wasn't what I asked for or wanted?
Do I see the love and care that was carefully put into the creating of the gift?
Do I see the care and detail that was put into even the wrapping in some cases?

Is the gift of much more value to the 'Giver' than the 'Receiver'?

Those thoughts led me to this thought

In light of the Christian, Christmas Celebration:
What did it cost our Creator to 'Purchase' our 'Gift' of Eternal Life? The Bible declares that we are a purchased possession, if we are believers in Jesus Christ!

(Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.)

How much time, energy and love did it take to send that 'Gift' to the world?
(John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
How does it make God feel when we reject His gift that cost Him the life of His own Son?

Let us have a new perspective in what it means to 'Receive' a gift this Christmas.
May we also take more care and thought into the gifts we ‘Give’ this year and in the years to come, knowing that when we give gifts we are reflecting the love of God.


When someone gives us a gift let us 'Receive' it with joy, knowing someone paid for it out of love.

Can we appreciate God's 'Gift' of Eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord SO much more. Not only did God separate Himself from His own Son to pay for our Redemption, Jesus Christ His Son was the price, through sacrifice and shedding of his own blood for our atonement. Jesus laid down his life and rose from the dead of his own power on the third day according to the scriptures to fulfill the scriptures so that we might be able to 'Receive' our 'Gift'

Now that is the greatest 'Gift' that we could ever 'Receive'

This Christmas will you un-wrap and 'Receive' your eternal 'Gift'?


Inspirations by Carolyn- Glory to God
12-12-2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is extremely insightful and speaks exactly to some anxiety I've had lately. Thank you so much for sharing! Reading this made me think that this is one those reminders in life that we are all connected and that sometiimes we have such an impact on others without intention and often without knowing we did.