Sunday, January 23, 2011

To Do Or Not To Do?


This subject has been haunting me for some time. I think maybe I might not be alone in this quest... My thoughts,

Over the last few years God has revealed to me a variety of different areas He has gifted and equipped me in.
Recently I have found my world packed full of DOING… doing good things.
I now realize there will always be NEEDS that await a servant to tend to, BUT…which of these things do I DO?
I can and have the ability to do many of them…BUT… there are only so many hours in a day and God created this flesh to require a healthy amount of rest in order to function efficiently at its fullest capacity.

SO…

WHAT DO I DO?
Over the last 18 years I have regularly ran back to some Bible verses in

Proverbs Chapter 3:5-6
~5~ Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
~6~ In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I think I forgot to use these in what I have viewed as the small things of life and really why would I consider needing to question IF I should do something when I know it’s a good thing? Right???

I know myself and like many others find ourselves having a difficult time saying NO when approached or opportunities to serve arise in areas we are gifted or experienced in. ‘YES’ just automatically comes out of our mouth before we can stop it. We get this adrenalin rush and excitement at the chance to do something or be validated in an area we are good at or gifted in. This produces that cycle of “business.” Before we know it… we are out of fuel and running on empty! John 10:10 sates that “Jesus came that we might have life, and have it more abundantly.” abundance does not mean busy… does it?

As reality has struck my family this past year and we strive to reclaim a balanced life in preparation to become parents we must ask ourselves… “WHAT DO WE DO?”

The facts:
We have been blessed with a variety of gifts, talents and abilities and experiences over years.
The need is great, the fields are white unto harvest but the laborers are few.


The enemy of our souls will attempt to destroy us by leading us to indulge in a sin filled sin full life and if that doesn’t work, he will change his tactic and get us so involved DOING good things that we forget as the Children of God our service and life is to be one of WORSHIP to the Lord. This must be why the Word states that “A false balance is abomination to the LORD.” It is a warning to the Christian!

Through my most recent decision making endeavor my eyes have been opened to some new verses and this has brought me much help in making decisions and now I can have peace in saying NO to some things in order to maintain balance!

~Proverbs chapter16:9~
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps."


~Psalm 119:133~
Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

My take away from all of this is that I have desires of my heart, things I just enjoy doing or things that bring me happiness and joy. It is up to me to apply the word of God to my live and allow Him to direct my steps to the path He has for me! It is when I have done this that I KNOW that the path I am on is right and whatever comes to me along that path IS what I and supposed to DO!



The things that are in my heart are most likely what I will find myself using along my path! We are each uniquely, fearfully and wonderfully made by God for a specific purpose...

Even Mordecai said to Esther these words: "and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for
such a time as this?"



One last thing.... We have been given many different gifts; each for our different seasons and roles of life... which ones God uses in each season is a new journey and new adventure to be enjoyed!

No comments: