Friday, July 22, 2011

Wait…Wait…Wait… & WHAT IF…

As we pursue the adoption of two little girls; ages 1 & 4, I find myself at the cross road of ending my 16 years with my employer & beginning a new career in parenting!
The decision has already been made, I cannot serve two masters the Good Book says in Matthew 6:24 & Luke 16:13. I submitted my official resignation on June 10th, only to be advised that it would be better for our adoption case if I would continue working until we are selected in an adoption Staffing/Interview. Then I can say that I am planning to give up my career of 16 yrs to be a stay at home mom.
I thought that giving up my career to be a foster parent and adoptive parent would have been a noble thing and respected… Not to mention I KNOW it is in obedience to God’s calling on my life. I KNOW God is pleased.
So… we wait…some more…
 We submitted our name and our home study for consideration in this adoption case on July 8th and we will be waiting until the second week in August before we possibly hear if we have or have not been selected as one of the 5 candidates/applicants for the adoptive resource of these girls…
Bill and I feel so strongly that these are OUR girls; they were meant to be in our home… There are several things that line up with their case that lead us to believe that; we just know this case is directly tied to us for some reason. Perhaps they are not our girls and this is just something to delay us a while longer to direct us to which ever children are ours.
 I keep finding myself fretting over all of the “WHAT IF” scenarios, What IF Bill loses his job, What IF one of us develops a serious illness, What IF we can’t find health insurance with reasonable rates, What IF we don’t even get these girls… the What IF’s play through my mind and then, in the words of my dear friend Robin… “THEN GOD”…   and so… God reminds me that He has got this… He is my provider, and HE is the one who has called me to be a Mother and a keeper of our home 06-10-2010. (Psalm 113:9)
I am reminded that God has NEVER let me down in this life, even in the times I have felt like He did… He DIDN”T!!!  God is and has been behind the scenes of this masterpiece called “The Life of Bill and Carolyn Johnston” and He does see the finished canvas and it looks so much more beautiful than the blobs of paint Bill and I see right now.
Oh thank you Lord for the journey that keeps our eyes seeking you and your path for our lives.
 Lord helps us to be patient for the next brush stroke of your hand, guide our steps at just the right time daily on this journey.

No comments: