OK, so if you are reading this you are probably thinking, that this girls is C R A Z Y! She ain't no American Idol singer...
Well... that's right... she's not, BUT... she has a story for you!
If you know me at all, or have been following this blog for any time over the last 14 months you know that Bill and I have been going through DFS for our Foster & Adoption licensing, which we finally obtained on July 7th of this year.
On the same day(7-11-11) that we received notice that we were licensed we also received an e-mail looking for an Adoptive home for two Caucasian females. Their ages are 1 & 4, who's names both begin with the letter J! This fits right into the Johnston side of our family! There are many members in Bill's siblings and their children who have stuck with naming their children beginning with 'J' in their children's, names and not to mention just about all of our family members birthday's land around the same time as these precious babies.
I could get into a lot of details but I will try and not bore you with too many...
Let me tell you this has been a long 7 weeks! We submitted our home study on the 8th of July for consideration for their adoption and were told that we would get an e-mail notifying us IF we were selected.
We were so stoked about this because there are so many things about the case that we just knew God was in it for some reason. At the start we were certain these were OUR girls...
Every since our calling has been confirmed God has placed many Girly things in our path that has led us to continue believing that it will be girls he is bringing us or at least one girl first... so many things,
girl girl girl... everything pink and cute! I even attempted to purchase a gender neutral bedding set, it looked like red and yellow when I was picking it out on the Internet, but when it was delivered... the red's are more like pink than red's... so if we do get a boy in this some how... I hope he is too little to know his bedding has pink dots on it! LOL...
I was begining to lose my faith in the 'girl' pattern about the beginning of June when our profile was changed from just girl placement to either boy or girl, so I started thinking that maybe our first adoption or placement will be a boy then the girl might come later...
So anyway... it was time to go and teach the youth high school girls at church camp... and well.. here's a story in a story...
We make it to our camp destination on this HOT summer afternoon! I'm the cabin leader so I get first dibs on the bunk...
Here I go getting settled in and putting my suitcase under the bed, but wait... it won't fit... what the heck... there's not way this shouldn't fit, there is plenty of room.
I looked at my AWESOME girls... and was like, um There is something under this bed. At that moment I was having flash backs of all the scary movies I ever watched as a kid, I just knew there was a dead body under there!!!! Creepy... so I think I talked one of the girls into getting under there for me and well... we didn't find any dead bodies thank goodness!
We pulled out a beautiful children's blanket fit for a little princess GIRL!!!!!
Now... really, I have been to at least 6 or 8 youth camps and NEVER have I EVER found something under my bed, other than some nasty bugs...
I was just like WOW... God, are you trying to encourage me not to let go of the girl thing just yet... hmmm so again along this path I make a choice, a choice to believe that God is preparing us for girls. First it was this odd pair of booties I found in my back pack when getting ready to come home from Peru last year, then the other set of bootees shown in the second photo that say 'SO LOVED' and now... the precious blanket in the third photo found under my bed. This doesent include the flock of little girls Bill and I see everywhere we go, so if you could just imagine our amazement when we got the profile for the GIRLS... on the very same day we got our license... just sayin! (If your reading this Shawna... that was for you)
I just can not deny the power of God in this and what he has given me in the scriptures, I must keep believing...
Well... all of that being said, I'm sure you are still wondering what this has to do with American idol and Hollywood... SO here ya go..
First you have to know that I do love me some American Idol, I love music and I really love it when people like Scotty from this years season win! He is too cute, and such a great performer! I'm pretty sure he love Jesus too, and that makes it even more exciting for me!
SO...The way this adoption thing works is the adoption worker on the case collects home studies over a period of weeks (that would be the "try outs") and reads through all of them, then out of those they select 5 canidates.
I have decided to reffer to this phase of the process, those who get the 'GOLDEN TICKET' those canidates go to the staffing. This is what I like to reffer to as 'HOLLYWOOD"....
I know that just sounds crazy, but when I explain this to people that's the best way I know how to describe it... feels like being on American Idol.. and it's fun too!
So today we got our
GOLDEN TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and were going to HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will be blessed if we are the winners of these two precious girls!
We continue praying for God's will and direction in the next phase. It is most important that these children go to the place that is best for them and if that means our home, then that will be so incredible! We continue to walk by faith...

2 comments:
You are such a Beautiful woman of Faith!!! I praise God that you keep yours eyes on Him through it all. You are such a testimony to me. We will continue to be on our knees with you both through this. love you
I love you guys so much, and nobody deserves these girls more than you two. God bless you both, and hopefully with God's hands you will be holding your baby girls soon in yours.
Post a Comment