Friday, September 23, 2011

God Still Moves Mountains!


Taken in Peru
Move this mountain Lord Jesus!
 Matthew 17:20    And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you”.


 September 6th we were selected by the state of Missouri (Jackson County) as the adoptive resource for our precious gifts from God.

However... there was a mountain that stood in our way. The mountain was that another petition for their adoption had been filed for these same children. We have been at a standstill for the past few weeks, hoping and praying that this other petition would be dropped. We have been holding onto the fact that our prayers have been answered in ways that continued to lead us to believe that these are our girls. We specifically prayed that we would not make it through the staffing if these were not supposed to be our children, we prayed for God to move in the heart of the leadership and powers that surround this case and turn them whichever way He wanted them to, and they did select us.

Proverbs_21:1  “The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will."
I took that in faith and fully ready to push forward knowing KNOWING that these girls are ours.

As the days have passed and I have struggled with not being able to meet them and begin the transition to their forever home with us I had to once again remind myself that we do not always understand God's ways.
 I even wondered if God is allowing things to come together this way because there is someone out there involved in the case that needs to see His power and His glory revealed.

 September 16th I asked God to move the mountain that was standing between us and our children. Everyone that asked us how things were going we simply requested them to pray for God to move the mountain! (Matthew 17:20) 

 September 21st I surrendered my heart once again, to watch him work. "Today I give my heart again to the Lord that I may see His ways above my own:
Proverbs 23:26My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways."

September 22nd I received a phone call from the Foster Mom informing me that she/ we got an e-mail saying the adoption was no longer contested, meaning the other petition has been withdrawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MOUNTAIN WAS MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 23rd, we will meet our precious gifts for the very first time! God YOU are Awesome, Powerful, Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth…Mountain Mover!!! GLORY TO YOU FOREVER AND EVER.

Psalm_113:9
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

God is so good. This page is now bookmarked so I can grab inspiration from it every day

Carolyn said...

Jamie you are precious!!! We love you dear.