![]() |
Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
|
I recently took part in celebrating with some friends who after 4 long years are now one step closer to getting their little Peruvian Princess and make her part of their forever family through the miracle of adoption!
As I focus on the amazing celebration taking place my mind is flooded with scriptures from the Word of God that describe for us what happens in Heaven when just one person turns their life over to God and receives the blood of Christ for their redemption. God’s gift of eternal life!
The scene as I enter the house is absolutely a feast and party atmosphere setting, Pink, brown and white balloon bouquets all around, food from wall to wall a room full of gifts for the new addition to the family, a place for guests to leave words of celebration and encouragement, magnets for guests to take home as reminders to pray for the continuing journey, Pictures everywhere of the new addition to the family, ribbons and banners, wall to wall guest to participate!!! What a celebration!

The place was just a glow with excitement and chatter over one little 3 yr old girl who is about to come home for the very first time!
So many days, weeks, months, and years have gone by as this family has waited. The character qualities I think of as I reflect on watching them as they have waited put me in mind of our God.
This family has no doubt experienced & displayed some if not all and more of these characteristics as they have long waited for the news, for the ‘’CALL” that this little girl would soon be theirs. Preparations and sleepless nights have surely taken place in anticipation of “THE CALL” month after month, year after year through pushing piles and piles of paper work forward. Sounds and feels a lot like child labor but harder and longer.
How God does long for us to “CALL” His name, and he waits and is longsuffering, waiting for our call to be redeemed by the blood of his Son.
When the time comes and we finally call… the celebration begins… REJOICING is the word used in scripture to describe what takes place. When we rejoice we call everyone we know near and far to celebrate our excitement with us!
That is just what happened on Saturday and I just can’t stop thinking about God’s story of Redemption… His Gift to all mankind to be redeemed by the blood of His OWN son, and while so many reject it, He waits, and waits and holds back his wrath on mankind and he waits and he waits because he is NOT WILLING that any SHOULD perish but that all should come to repentance!
Luk 15:4-10
15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? 15:9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
While I continue to observe this magnificent occasion my mind drifts to meditation on the many gifts that were opened… so many lovely gifts for this precious little girl… Everything she could need or want was provided and then some. God said he has given his children gifts, and he said he would provide us food and clothing. What another amazing picture of God’s provision and awesomeness… this puts me in mind of just how much God wants to give us! He has a storehouse FULL of gifts for us, the things we want and so much more, just waiting for us to grow into our gifts so they can be used by him…
While I continue to observe this magnificent occasion my mind drifts to meditation on the many gifts that were opened… so many lovely gifts for this precious little girl… Everything she could need or want was provided and then some. God said he has given his children gifts, and he said he would provide us food and clothing. What another amazing picture of God’s provision and awesomeness… this puts me in mind of just how much God wants to give us! He has a storehouse FULL of gifts for us, the things we want and so much more, just waiting for us to grow into our gifts so they can be used by him…
I know this goes much deeper and I just can not wrap my mind around it all. God has so much he desires for us to have, he wants to give us much more than we can even contain!
God SO loves YOU! (John 3:16) He is waiting for your call!

2 comments:
This is such a beautiful description of the event! Thanks so much. I really wanted to go, but was out of town that weekend. Thanks for giving me a taste of what it was like! You are such a sweetheart, Carolyn... such an encourager and always seeing Christ in your surroundings. Take care, Gina. I miss you!
I LOVE YOU MOM!!! FROM JO
Post a Comment