|
Psalm_143:1 A
Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in
thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy
righteousness
|
On Wednesday of this week the girls and I were busy about; getting ready to head to Jordin's dentist appointment when I got a call from my mom. This was not unusual, she calls me often to see how were doing over here.
She was strangely calm as she asked me if I knew anything about Grandview. I know that it's between here in Independence and Harrisonville, and that it has a reputation of being a rough area.
My mom then tells me that Billy, my step dad who is in the middle stages of Alzheimer's, had taken their car to Grandview to have some work done and he is now LOST in Grandview!!!!
I felt so horrible that I couldn't help her very much with this situation. She gave him directions how to get to a familiar route... so off to the dentist we went!
I thought for sure he will find his way home and everything will be OK. I told mom to call me when they get him home. Surely he would be home by the time we left the dentist... right???
I say a prayer as were driving to the dentist.
In and out we go for the cleaning and check up, which by the way was SUPER good!!! Great job brave girl...no crying or anything... she got candy and movies all afternoon!
When we got into the car I called mom to see how things were going... not good... this was two hours later and they had found him via his phone and told him to stay put until they got to him but by the time they got there, he was gone and lost AGAIN...
Finally mom filed a police report for help.
I got off the phone and was sending out a mass text to some prayer buddies, there was Jordin waiting to ask if she could have a snack... so I got her snack and told her that Grandpa was still lost and we need to pray for God to help Grandpa find his way home.
I handed her snack to her and I walked by her just a second later and she was on her knees next to our couch praying out loud for her snack & Grandpa... My heart just melted right then!
Not even 5 minutes later the phone rang and it was mom, the police found him and were holding him at a McDonald's... Jordin's favorite place to eat... (God is funny)
Off Mom went to get him!
I told Jordin the GREAT news and how her prayers helped them find Grandpa and that he was going to be safe!
She was SO happy, screaming YAY, YAY, YAY while jumping up and down!
I just had to document this so we can share it with her over and over, that her FAITH might grow continually!
What an awesome day to be her Mommy!

No comments:
Post a Comment