Friday, January 29, 2010

What God thinks of me


As I continue to make my meditation toward God each morning, renewing my relationship with Him and listening for His still small voice my spirit is inspired with words of Truth from the Holy Scriptures.


At times through my life I have had thoughts about myself such as, I am a hypocrite, a liar, fat, ugly, stupid, mean, can not do anything right, keep falling backward, continually make the wrong choice, lazy.... on and on the list goes. I heard someone say one or more of these things about themselves and I immediately thought... God does not think that about you! That made me come the Word, and the Word says the following about God's thoughts toward me:

First of all - He loves me & you -Rom.5: [8] "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Second- His thoughts are good -Jer.29: [11] "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Third- We will have times of weakness but His power is always toward us - 2Cor.13: [4] "For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you." (I have the power...do I believe that?)

Fourth - He thinks of us and loves us as His Child - 1John.3 [2] "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."


That being said He knows what we shall be....What we shall be is what He thinks about us, so no matter what we think of ourselves, if we could just believe what God thinks of us!

Lord Help us to believe what you say is true for those that have chosen to believe on the name of Jesus and are now the sons of God! (Gal.3:[26] "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.")

In Jesus Name
Amen
Phil.4:[8] “ Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

No comments: