Tuesday, May 12, 2015

~One Season Closes and Another Begins~

Over the past few weeks I suddenly realize our family is quickly entering a new season of life! Jayda is finishing her last days of Preschool and soon to be entering Kindergarten summer school! This means that both girls will be in elementary school in the fall.
I have quickly realized that this first season of parenting is closing, it's final and there are no do overs! What's done is done and I find it hard to focus on what I have done well, or right. What I hear and see in my heart and mind are the regrets I have, the things I wish I would have done differently. So many nights of interrupted sleep for both mommy and daddy now seem like terrible excuses for some of our attitudes and actions during daylight and midnight hours. I am thankful there won't be lasting memories of these times for the children and that God created them in such a way that they forget these things! This is truly God's grace!
I know this... I want to live the next season differently, first be removing any and all expectations of what it will be like... I know that impacted my heart and mind during the first season greatly! I want to be present in each moment and not overly focused on the future. I know to plan for the future is necessary but it can be so overwhelming during the times when I get tunnel vision toward that. I want to experience NOW... The Bible talks about not worrying about tomorrow, for the things of tomorrow will take care of themselves. (Mr 6:25-34)

Now I'm off to pick Jayda up from her last day of PreK!!! Here's to all things new!

No comments: