
As I continue to prepare for this trip I know that I have built up walls over the years, walls to children. I had to. I love them so easily and as many have been taken from my life for various reasons it has tore my heart in two every time.
I know for God to be able to use me to Love these children with the Love of Jesus with my arms and heart wide open just like Jesus would, I have to surrender those walls to Him.
This song by Jimmie Needham resonates in my mind as I realize what has to happen. Am I ready for the HURRICANE?
Jesus prepare my heart for the walls to come down and let the children, YOUR children in!
Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Lyrics to Hurricane :
I have built a city here
Half with pride and half with fear
Just wanted a safer place to hide
I don’t want to be safe tonight
CHORUS
I need You like a hurricane
Thunder crashing, wind and rain
To tear my walls down
I’m only Yours now
I need you like a burning flame
A wild fire untamed
To burn these walls down
I’m only Yours now
I’m only Yours now
I am Yours and You are mine
You know far better than I
And if destruction’s what I need
Then I’ll receive it Lord from Thee
Yes, I’ll receive it Lord from Thee
(Chorus)
And it’s Your eye in the storm
Watching over me
And it’s Your eye in the storm
Wanting only good for me
And if You are the war
Let me be the casualty
‘Til I’m Yours alone
I am only Yours
I am Yours alone, Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment