Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Voice of Truth



This is an Excerpt from "Running on Empty" by Fil Anderson:

"I am learning to recognize that when there's not time for solitude and silence, my activity ceases to be effective. Without listening for that voice in the thin silence, my ministry activity lacks power. Without silence, my words lose meaning. When solitude and silence are absent from my life, the best of my intentions warp badly."

"Be alone, be quiet, enter into the place of prayer. Listen to your soul, listen to the conversation between you and God"


Dear Fiends,
These are all areas I know are true... In my recent walk with my Heavenly Father I know and can testify to His voice in the stillness and in the quiet....
Over the past 8 months I have physically been forced to be still..... I have learned to enjoy the quiet and still times....and through it I have heard the Voice of God... and it is so sweet...
I love you my friends and pray you will hear His Voice in the stillness also.
If any of you struggle with hearing His voice this is a great book... I am just half way through it and it is really getting into the meat of the subject.... I highly recomend it...!!!

1 comment:

xoxo erika said...

Hey, girl!!!

I miss ya terribly! I am SO excited that you have the chance to go to Peru. Please keep me updated with the trip. I know you must be so excited.

We are LOVING it here. It is so amazing to watch God provide us with so many great relationships so far. Thanks so much for your prayers.

Tell everyone "hi" for me!
erika.